Guidelines and Requirements
Eligible undergraduate students may be recruited to the Accelerated Master’s Programs (AMP). AMP expands opportunities for more undergraduates to enroll in a graduate degree program and obtain a master’s degree in less time and at a significant cost savings. The AMP replaces the Integrated Degree, Integrated Degree Plus, and Sequential Degree Programs.
- AMP partners an undergraduate and a master’s degree graduate program within or between departments, programs, or SAUs in the same or differing colleges, in a streamlined path that reduces the time to earn a master’s degree.
- Undergraduate students are admitted internally by the participating programs and are guaranteed conditional admission to the partnering graduate program during their undergraduate career.
- Final admission to the graduate program and Graduate School is granted when students meet the minimum graduate program and Graduate School admissions criteria upon completion of the bachelor’s degrees.
- Undergraduate students in AMPs may enroll for a maximum of 9 credits of 500-level regular coursework while paying the undergraduate tuition rate. These credits will be counted toward the undergraduate degree.
- Regular, 500-level courses with grades of B or better will be transferred and double-counted toward the graduate degree, as courses taken prior to final admission to the graduate program.
If the 9 credits taken fulfill the requirements of a graduate certificate, the graduate certificate may be awarded once the student is enrolled in the partnering graduate degree. Graduate students must apply for the graduate certificate program and pay the application fee for the certificate to be conferred.
A template for AMP MOUs between the Graduate School and departments is provided below.
Request for Exclude/Double Count 500 Level Course Form
Accelerated Master’s Program (AMP) students or students wishing to exclude 500-level courses from their Bachelor’s Degree should use the Request for Exclude/Double Count 500 Level Course Form. AMP students only: A copy of the exclusion form must be submitted with the GS6 Program of Study.