Guidelines and Requirements
Eligible undergraduate students may be recruited to the Accelerated Master’s Programs (AMP). AMP expands opportunities for more undergraduates to enroll in a graduate degree program and obtain a master’s degree in less time and at a significant cost savings. The AMP replaces the Integrated Degree, Integrated Degree Plus, and Sequential Degree Programs.
- AMP partners an undergraduate and a master’s degree graduate program within or between departments, programs, or SAUs in the same or differing colleges, in a streamlined path that reduces the time to earn a master’s degree.
- AMP students wishing to double count 500-level courses from their Bachelor’s Degree should use the GS4 AMP Double Count Courses form. This form must be submitted once admitted into the Graduate School and prior to completing your undergraduate degree. Note: AMP students must also have their GS6 completed by the end of the second week of their first semester as a graduate student.
- Undergraduate students are admitted internally by the participating programs and are guaranteed conditional admission to the partnering graduate program during their undergraduate career.
- Final admission to the graduate program and Graduate School is granted when students meet the minimum graduate program and Graduate School admissions criteria upon completion of the bachelor’s degrees.
- Undergraduate students in AMPs may enroll for a maximum of 9 credits of 500-level regular coursework while paying the undergraduate tuition rate. These credits will be counted toward the undergraduate degree.
- Regular, 500-level courses with grades of B or better will be transferred and double-counted toward the graduate degree, as courses taken prior to final admission to the graduate program.
For AMP students only: If you wish to count 9 credits to fulfill requirements for your undergrad degree AND you want to use those same 9 credits to fulfill the requirements of a graduate certificate then:
- You must apply for the grad certificate program and pay the application fee
- The certificate will not be awarded until after the bachelor’s degree is awarded
A template for AMP MOUs between the Graduate School and departments is provided below.
GS4 AMP Double Count Courses Form
Accelerated Master’s Program (AMP) students wishing to double count 500-level courses from their Bachelor’s Degree should use this form. This form must be submitted once admitted into the Graduate School and prior to completing your undergraduate degree. Find the form on RAMweb under the Graduate School section.