The Graduate School provides the leadership for graduate education at Colorado State University, a land-grant institution and a Carnegie I Research Institution. Our mission is to ensure the highest academic program standards while enhancing your personal and professional growth through innovative professional development and mentoring programs.
Message from Dean Stromberger
Why Colorado State University?
Colorado State University is consistently ranked as one of the nation’s top universities in a variety of categories and disciplines – from teaching and learning to research and student achievement in studios, laboratories, and classrooms. Live, learn, work, and play here at Colorado State University, we can’t wait to hear from you.
Graduate Ram Impact
Maria Steffen enrolled in a course called “Design Thinking Collaborative” and made tiny homes with other students. Read the articles: CSU students build model tiny home to start affordable housing conversation in the Coloradoan Student-led tiny house project lays foundation
As appearing in Magazine.csusystem.edu | March, 2021 | by Coleman Cornelius GROWING FOOD SECURITY GRADUATE STUDENTS HUGO PANTIGOSO and Savannah Hobbs have regularly relied on the Colorado State University food pantry to fill gaps in their grocery needs. Last summer, they
As appearing in ENGR.Source.colostate.edu | March, 2021 | by Andrea Leland Five questions with ECE alum Robert Beauchamp, member of Perseverance mission team Robert Beauchamp is an alumnus of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Colorado State University. He
Campus and its History
- CSU was founded as the Colorado Agricultural College in 1870. It was one of 68 land-grant colleges established under the Morrill Act of 1862. The doors opened to a freshman class of 20 students in 1879. In 1935, the school became the Colorado State College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts, or Colorado A & M, and was renamed Colorado State University in 1957.
- A 586-acre main campus, which includes 101 acres for the Veterinary Teaching Hospital
- 4,038 acres of land for research centers and Colorado State Forest Service stations outside of Larimer County
- Eight colleges, multiple inter-university programs
- 114 graduate degree programs (64 Masters, 50 Ph.D.) graduate degree programs; 21 professional master’s degree programs
- 40+ Graduate Certificates
- Library holdings include more than 2 million books, bound journals, and government documents.
- 250 world-class music, theatre and dance performances; exhibitions; and other high-profile arts events annually
- CSU has 228,000 active alumni in all 50 states and around the world. There are Ram Networks across the nation with 13,000+ Alumni Association members.
- Information on the value of a CSU education is summarized at csueffect.colostate.edu
- CSU Accolades
- 475+ registered student organizations
- 14 intercollegiate sports programs
- 1 st – Greenest Universities according to Bestcolleges.com 2018
- Academic partner with Semester at Sea and CSU Todos Santos Center in Mexico
- Over 20% of tenure-track faculty and 25% of new faculty are international
- 2,000 international students and scholars representing 110 countries
- One of the top universities every year for recruiting Peace Corps volunteers
- 17 key strategic partnerships around the world, including four with leading Chinese universities
Preparing the Leaders of Tomorrow
Colorado State University offers a variety of rigorous academic programs and is consistently ranked among the nation’s top universities in a number of disciplines. According to the U.S. News and World Report’s 2019 rankings of the nation’s best graduate schools, 22 CSU graduate programs rank in the top 100 across the country. Whether you are interested in starting your Doctoral studies, working toward a Master’s degree, building your resume with a Graduate Certificate or starting a Professional degree, Colorado State University might be the perfect fit for you.
CSU awards approximately 6900 degrees annually. Around 1600 are Master’s degrees, 220 are doctoral degrees, and 140 degrees are awarded from our competitive College of Veterinary Medicine doctoral program.
Diversity & Mentoring
generated in research expenditures annually since 2010.
Best for Veterans – Military Times
rated their entire educational experiences at CSU – Excellent/Good