The department of Electrical and Computer Engineering has been a leader in innovation for more than a century. The ECE faculty prepare students for the vast, fast-paced field of electrical and computer engineering by emphasizing the fundamentals, while teaching them how to think creatively and work collaboratively.
Master of Science (MS) in Electrical Engineering
Areas of Study
- Adaptive radar and sonar
- Biomedical sensing and signals
- Computer-aided design
- Computer architecture
- Computer networks and protocols
- Control systems
- Digital communications
- Digital image processing
- Digital signal processing
- Distributed systems
- Embedded systems
- EUV lasers
- Haptic interfaces
- Heterogeneous computing
- Integrated sensing and processing
- Medical imaging
- Microwave engineering
- Mobile and satellite communications
- Molecular imaging
- Molecular optoelectronics
- Neural networks
- Optical databases
- Optical properties of semiconductors
- Optimization for communication, control, and signal processing
- Parallel architectures
- Quantum electronics and semiconductor processing
- Radar metrology
- Reconfigurable computing
- Remote sensing
- Semiconductor growth and processing
- Semiconductor lasers
- Sensor networks
- Statistical signal processing
- Ultrafast dynamics of novel semiconductor materials
- Ultrafast lasers
- Ultrafast molecular control
- VLSI design and testing
- Wireless systems
- X-ray lasers
- Contact your department representative or request more program information.
- Check out department requirements and resources from your department’s website.
- When you’re ready to take the leap, start your application.
Coursework, credit requirements, and more information is available in the Colorado State University general catalog. Please contact your department representative with program-related questions.
Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.