Colorado State University participates in the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP). The WRGP is administered by the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). Through the WRGP, CSU offers select graduate programs at the resident tuition rate to qualified non-resident students from other WICHE member states and territories. The program applies only to newly admitted students.
Participating States and Territories
Residents from these member states and territories may apply for the WRGP:
- The Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Island (CNMI)
- New Mexico
- North Dakota
- Republic of the Marshall Islands (RMI)
- Republic of Palau
- South Dakota
- U.S. Pacific Territories and Freely Associated States
For a list of approved programs, visit our Graduate Programs webpage and select the “Western Regional Graduate Program” button for a current list of WRGP approved programs. Use the icons to the right of the filtered results to toggle the view between grid and list style.
During the CSU Graduate School online application process, residents of qualifying states applying to an approved WRGP will be presented with a “checklist item” for the Western Regional Graduate Program Application – Tuition Reduction (WICHE). To view the WRGP “checklist,” you must first submit your graduate application. The application for a WRGP must be completed during the application process. Once you are officially admitted to an approved WRGP, the application will be reviewed by the Office of Financial Aid and you will then be notified of approval or denial.
Only newly admitted students may apply for the WRGP and this must be done at the beginning of the upcoming term.
- A drop in enrollment prevents future participation in the WRGP.
- You may not apply for residency in Colorado while in a WRGP.
- CSU on-line credits must be paid for at the CSU on-line tuition rate. WRGP tuition does not apply to these credits.