The Master of Computer Information Systems (MCIS) is offered both on campus and online. The program provides a rigorous education for those with technical backgrounds, while also accommodating an extended learning cycle for those new to the field. In both cases, this technical degree will complement your drive to achieve more and give you the tools to get ahead and stay ahead.
Master of Computer Information Systems (MCIS)
- This program is offered on-campus and online
- Full-time and part-time format
- Three-term completion or flex up to five years
- Technical and non-technical backgrounds welcome
- Be part of an elite program – our AACSB-accredited program is one of the first established in the country
- The campus MCIS program has a STEM designation which is a valuable asset for international students
- Gain applicable experience that is closely tied with business applications
- New CIS skill sets empower you to advance your career or to switch career paths
- Acquire the know-how to earn higher salaries and career placement or advancement
- Contact your department representative or request more program information.
- Check out department requirements and resources from your department’s website.
- This program is offered online at a distance; resources for distance students are available through the CSU Online website.
- When you’re ready to take the leap, start your application.
Western Regional Graduate Program
The Master of Computer Information Systems (MCIS) is part of the WICHE – Western Regional Graduate Program exchange. Visit our WRGP webpage to learn about eligibility and the application process.
Coursework, credit requirements, and more information is available in the Colorado State University general catalog. Please contact your department representative with program-related questions.
Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.