The Ph.D. in Social Work will train you to be part of the next generation of faculty, research professionals, and educators in the field. The program focuses on addressing critical social issues through engaged research that seeks to transform professional practice and social policy. The program also provides interdisciplinary training and research opportunities to enhance health and well-being among individuals, families, and communities. There are flexible full-time and part-time options offered.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Social Work
Areas of Study
- Advanced generalist practice
- Contact your department representative or request more program information.
- Check out department requirements and resources from your department’s website.
- When you’re ready to take the leap, start your application.
Western Regional Graduate Program
As an eligible resident of a Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) member state or territory, you may be admitted to the on-campus format of this program, yet pay resident tuition rates. Only on-campus formats are WRGP eligible. Visit our WRGP webpage to learn about eligibility and the application process.
Coursework, credit requirements, and more information is available in the Colorado State University general catalog. Please contact your department representative with program-related questions.
Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.
- Financial aid resources available through the Office of Financial Aid website.
- Your department may have financial aid options available and please check our financial resource section for additional opportunities.