The Department of Biomedical Sciences is a major location for biomedical education from undergraduate through postdoctorate and for translational biomedical research for Colorado State University. Faculty members’ interests vary greatly from reproductive biology and endocrinology to neurotransmitters and molecular signal transduction.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Biomedical Sciences
Areas of Study (Research-based PhD Degree)
- Animal reproduction
- Assisted reproductive technologies
- Cardiovascular/pulmonary physiology
- Cell and molecular neurobiology
- CNS regeneration and plasticity
- Computer-assisted multimedia approaches to teaching
- Developmental neurobiology
- Developmental reproductive biology
- Equine reproduction
- Ion channel receptor structure/function
- Molecular endocrinology
- Neurotransmitter receptor structure/function
- Regulatory mechanisms of male & female reproduction
- Reproductive physiology
- Reproductive toxicology
- Sensory physiology
- Signal transduction
- Structure and function correlation of the nervous system
- Structure of membrane complexes
- Veterinary neurobiology
- Contact your department representative or request more program information.
- Check out department requirements and resources from your department’s website.
- When you’re ready to take the leap, start your application.
Western Regional Graduate Program
The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Biomedical Sciences is part of the WICHE – Western Regional Graduate Program exchange. Visit our WRGP webpage to learn about eligibility and the application process.
Coursework, credit requirements, and more information is available in the Colorado State University general catalog. Please contact your department representative with program-related questions.
Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.
- Financial aid resources available through the Office of Financial Aid website.
- Your department may have financial aid options available and please check our financial resource section for additional opportunities.