The ever-changing world of new communication technologies has a profound impact on individual behavior, organizations, and society. As these technologies evolve, it is important to understand their influence on the different levels of society.
Colorado State University’s Department of Journalism and Media Communication is committed to developing communication professionals and communication scholars who can address such communication-related societal issues across a variety of situations.
Master of Science (MS) in Journalism and Media Communication
Areas of Study
- Communication management
- Computer-mediated communication
- Health, environmental, science, or technical communication
- Human behavior and communication technology
- New communication technologies
- Organizations and communication technology
- Print and broadcast journalism
- Public relations and strategic communication
- Social policy and communication technology
- Contact your department representative or request more program information.
- Check out department requirements and resources from your department’s website.
- When you’re ready to take the leap, start your application.
Western Regional Graduate Program
As an eligible resident of a Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) member state or territory, you may be admitted to the on-campus format of this program, yet pay resident tuition rates. Only on-campus formats are WRGP eligible. Visit our WRGP webpage to learn about eligibility and the application process.
Coursework, credit requirements, and more information is available in the Colorado State University general catalog. Please contact your department representative with program-related questions.
Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.
- Financial aid resources available through the Office of Financial Aid website.
- Your department may have financial aid options available and please check our financial resource section for additional opportunities.