The Master of Science degree in food science and nutrition with a specialization in nutrition aims to provide you with cutting-edge educational and research opportunities in molecular, clinical, and community nutrition. The coursework has a strong focus on the relationship between nutrition and health. After completing the program, you’ll be well-positioned to pursue more advanced degrees in basic and applied sciences or to enter medical and health-related fields in leadership roles.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Food Science and Nutrition — Nutrition Specialization
Areas of Study
The Master of Science degree in Food Science and Nutrition with specialization in Nutrition includes work in advanced nutrition science, supporting basic and applied sciences and the communication of nutrition principles in the community. Ultimately this area of specialization focuses on the relationship between nutrition and health. The program provides students with training for doctoral studies in basic and applied sciences, advanced preparation for professional degrees and careers in industry. A minimum of 35 credits is required for the MS degree.
- This program is offered on-campus and online (the online program is for Registered Dietitians only).
- Contact your department representative or request more program information.
- Check out department requirements and resources from your department’s website.
- The Great Plains Idea program is offered online at a distance and is for current Registered Dietitians only; resources for distance students are available through the CSU Online website.
- When you’re ready to take the leap, start your application.
Coursework, credit requirements, and more information is available in the Colorado State University general catalog. Please contact your department representative with program-related questions.
Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.