The department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is recognized both nationally and internationally for education, research, and service and outreach, and is ranked 31 among such programs in the USA.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Civil Engineering
Areas of Study
- Environmental engineering
- Geoenvironmental engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Groundwater engineering
- Hydraulic engineering/stream restoration/river mechanics
- Hydrologic science and engineering
- Irrigation and drainage
- Structural engineering and structural mechanics
- Water resources planning and management
- Wind engineering and fluid mechanics
- Contact your department representative or request more program information.
- Check out department requirements and resources from your department’s website.
- When you’re ready to take the leap, start your application.
Coursework, credit requirements, and more information is available in the Colorado State University general catalog. Please contact your department representative with program-related questions.
Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.