Credit for Graduate Courses Taken at CSU Prior to Admission to a Graduate Program

University Requirements

  • You must have earned a grade of B or better.
  • You must have been completed within the last ten years.
  • Courses that you completed while pursuing an undergraduate degree at CSU may possibly be used towards the student’s graduate degree; however, these courses must be formally excluded from the student’s undergraduate degree.
    • 500 level courses – The student will need to fill out the Request to Exclude Courses from a Bachelor’s Degree Form and submit it to the Registrar’s Office.
    • 600 level courses – These courses are automatically excluded from an undergraduate degree so the exclusion form is not needed for these courses.
    • NOTE: 300 and 400 level courses cannot be formally excluded from an undergraduate degree.

Additional Notes

These courses will need to be listed on your GS6 Program of Study form in order for them to be reviewed by the Graduate School.

These courses will not be included in the calculation of grade point averages.