Instructions for Filling out your GS6 Program of Study
Each degree-seeking graduate student must prepare a Program of Study using a GS6 Program of Study Form, a document which lists all courses taken in pursuit of the degree. The form also lists your graduate committee. The advisor and committee are heavily involved in the development of the form. The form must be filed with the Graduate School before the time of the fourth regular semester registration. Students who fail to meet this requirement may be denied subsequent registration.
Prior to filling out the electronic Program of Study, it is highly recommended that you access the GS6 Program of Study Worksheet and meet with your advisor to form a draft of what courses and committee members will be listed on the form. A sample GS6 Program of Study Form is also available for reference.
The federal government has student financial aid requirements that may affect current and future financial aid eligibility. Students with financial aid are encouraged to review the satisfactory academic progress requirements prior to completing their Program of Study.
Access the Program of Study form through your RAMweb account under the “Complete My Program of Study” link and then complete the following steps:
- Add required courses that you have completed at CSU prior to admission to Graduate School, if applicable.
- Add required courses that you have completed at CSU after admission to Graduate School.
- Add required courses that you will complete at CSU.
- Add transfer credits from other institutions, if applicable.
- Master’s degree information if a previously earned master’s degree will be used as part of a Ph.D. program (if applicable and for Ph.D. students only).
- Specify whether or not you will be completing a thesis requirement, if applicable.
- Search for and select those persons who will serve on your graduate committee.
Once you enter the above information, you will be able to review your course and committee information and submit the form electronically.
The your form will then be available for printing and a copy will be sent to you at the email address that is listed for you in the RAMweb account.
You will need to sign your GS6 Program of Study form and obtain the signatures of your advisor, co‐advisor (if applicable), and department head and then submit form to the Graduate School for final processing. The Graduate School will notify the student, the advisor, and the department by email once the form has been approved.