- Apply Now
- Our Community
- Student Services
- Request Information
- Give Now
Completing Your Program
Completing Your Program
Registration & Enrollment Requirements
Graduate degree and certificate candidates must be either enrolled for at least one credit or must register for continuous registration (CR) during the term (fall, spring, or summer) they will complete their requirements.
- If you fail to register, you will become inactive and will need to be readmitted to continue in your program. Readmission forms for degree programs is available on our forms page. Certificate programs should reapply through the online application.
Visit our enrollment policy page for more information and resources.
The Graduate School offers a variety of degrees (Masters or Ph.D.) and certificates with different requirements (thesis, non-thesis/project, coursework-only) and students work closely with the department to submit paperwork to meet requirements.
All graduate students in a degree-seeking program will have at least one advisor-of-record and some students will be working closely with their advisor and committee members while at CSU. Please check with your department about meeting advisor and committee requirements.
Coursework, credit requirements, and more information is available in the Colorado State University general catalog. Please contact your department representative with program-related questions.
Non-coursework requirements include submitting a thesis/dissertation and possibly other departmental requirements.
If your program requires a thesis or dissertation, please refer to our Thesis/Dissertation formatting pages for information about your electronic thesis/dissertation submission. Typically, the electronic submission of your thesis or dissertation will be during the term you intend to graduate after your final examination.
Please check with your department regarding any additional requirements.
This is a form submitted by all degree-seeking graduate students that lists all the requirements that the student intends to fulfill to obtain their degree (coursework, thesis requirements, advisor & committee makeup, transfer credits). The GS6 Program of Study is initially approved by your department and submitted to the Graduate School prior to the student’s fourth semester. The Graduate School reviews if the student meets the requirements for their degree.
Ready for Commencement?
You’re almost there!
- Graduate degree candidates must be either enrolled for at least one credit or must register for CR during the term (fall, spring, or summer) they will complete their degree requirements.
- All degree-seeking students must apply to graduate with a GS25 Application for Graduation form and work with their department and Graduate School to ensure their degree requirements have been met.
Celebrate with your family, friends, & colleagues at the Graduate School Commencement Event; details on our commencement pages.
- Your awarded degree will be printed on your transcript after the end of the semester and will be available approximately six weeks after the end of the semester. Official transcript orders are processed by the Registrar’s Office.
- Diplomas are mailed to students approximately eight weeks after the end of the semester and this is also managed by the Registrar’s Office.
Graduate certificates are offered and transcripted by the University. Certificate programs undergo an approval process by the University Curriculum Committee (UCC).
- Certificate programs are 9-15 credits. This is typically 3-4 courses.
- For conferral purposes, a student’s GPA for the cumulative Graduate Certificate coursework must be a minimum of 3.0.
- Students must earn a minimum of a C in all certificate coursework.
- Students may not take a course more than twice during the certificate process in order to enhance their grade for the course or GPA for the overall certificate.
- Transfer coursework and course substitutions are not allowed for certificate programs. Coursework and credit requirements are listed in the Colorado State University general catalog.