Regardless of citizenship, applicants are required to demonstrate proof of English language proficiency if they do not have a degree from an institution where the primary language of instruction is English. Proof of English language proficiency is required for applicants who completed undergraduate degrees in countries or United States territories where there are official languages other than or in addition to English. This includes the United States territories of America Samoa, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and Puerto Rico.
Please request that examination scores be reported to Colorado State University. The institution code is 4075. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- Minimum TOEFL score for admission without condition is 550 (paper based), or 80 (internet based).
- Minimum IELTS score for admission without condition is 6.5.
- Minimum PTE score for admission without condition is 58.
- Your department may have higher TOEFL/IELTS/PTE score requirements.
- Students are exempted from the English Proficiency requirement if the official language of their country is English or if they have recently earned a degree at an American University. List of TOEFL exempt countries.
Note that we do NOT accept these specific test scores:
- TOEFL Essentials
- TOEFL My Best Score
- TOEFL ITP
- IELTS indicator