Develop the competencies you need to successfully and ethically lead higher education institutions with a Ph.D. in higher education leadership. Send a clear message to your current employer that you are committed to the mission of your institution, and gain skills that can be applied immediately to the challenges you face as a professional through a program that:
- Instills and reinforces a commitment to crucial engagement of diversity and equity by addressing issues of privilege and oppression,
- Develops research knowledge and skills that enable students to become scholar-practitioners and expand their knowledge about higher education organizations, practice, and outcomes, and
- Cultivates the key competencies needed to be a successful and ethical higher education leader and change agent.
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Education and Human Resource Studies – Higher Education Leadership Specialization
Areas of Study
- Higher Education Leadership
- This program is offered via distance education (video conference), with on-campus sessions required during the summer.
- Contact your department representative or request more program information.
- Check out department requirements and resources from your department’s website.
- This program is offered via video conference at a distance; resources for distance students are available through the CSU Online website.
- When you’re ready to take the leap, start your application.
Coursework, credit requirements, and more information is available in the Colorado State University general catalog. Please contact your department representative with program-related questions.
Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.