Dietetics (M.S.) is an online master’s program designed for current Registered Dietitians or those with DPD verification. The awarded degree is the Master of Science in Food Science and Nutrition. In addition, this master’s in dietetics is offered through a partnership of 20 public universities known as the Great Plains Interactive Distance Education Alliance (Great Plains IDEA). Benefit from the collaboration of eight of those universities by having access to expert faculty and curriculum from each institution while earning your degree from CSU.
This program is designed to meet the specific needs of those who are already Registered Dietitians or those with verification from a didactic program in dietetics (DPD). Promote health and disease management through food and nutrition programs and make a difference in the lives of others by advancing your current level of practice.
Working in the dietetics and nutrition field involves communicating with a wide range of people, from students or clients, to supervisors and team members. This program provides you with the knowledge, flexibility, and creativity you need to offer individualized answers that fit each situation and client. If you enjoy working with people, using deductive reasoning, and consider yourself sensitive to others’ needs, this online master’s in dietetics could be the program for you.
Dietetics — Master of Science (M.S.) in Food Science and Nutrition
- Contact your department representative or request more program information.
- This degree is offered online at a distance; resources for distance students are available through the CSU Online website
- When you’re ready to take the leap, start your application.
Coursework, credit requirements, and more information is available in the Colorado State University general catalog. Please contact your department representative with program-related questions.
Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.
- Financial aid resources available through the Office of Financial Aid website.
- Your department may have financial aid options available and please check our financial resource section for additional opportunities.