Our department offers a practical orientation to computer science; cutting-edge research; a congenial, award-winning faculty; and an active student population. Teaching and research areas in artificial intelligence, software engineering, networks and security, high performance computing, distributed systems, bioinformatics, computer vision, big data, and human-computer interaction.
Master of Computer Science (M.C.S.)
Areas of Study
- Artificial intelligence
- Computer networking
- Computer vision
- Distributed systems
- Fault tolerance
- Formal software specification
- Genetic algorithms
- Graph theory
- High performance computing
- Human-computer interaction
- Intelligent agents
- Languages and compilers
- Machine learning
- Network security
- Neural networks
- Object-oriented design
- Parallel Computing
- Reconfigurable systems
- Software engineering
- Software metrics
- Software reliability
- This program is offered on-campus and online.
- Contact your department representative or request more program information.
- Check out department requirements and resources from your department’s website.
- This program is offered online at a distance; resources for distance students are available through the CSU Online website.
- When you’re ready to take the leap, start your application.
Western Regional Graduate Program
As an eligible resident of a Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE) member state or territory, you may be admitted to the on-campus format of this program, yet pay resident tuition rates. Only on-campus formats are WRGP eligible. Visit our WRGP webpage to learn about eligibility and the application process.
Coursework, credit requirements, and more information is available in the Colorado State University general catalog. Please contact your department representative with program-related questions.
Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.