The Graduate Certificate in Adult Basic Education provides training and personal development opportunities for teachers or aspiring teachers in adult basic education (ABE) programs (i.e., literacy, numeracy, high school equivalency, etc.) and/or English language learning programs for adult learners. With a focus on foundational skills, methods, and theories for teaching adult learners, the certificate prepares and develops educators who can create effective curricula and learning environments for adult students.
Graduate Certificate in Adult Basic Education
- This certificate is offered on-campus and online
- Gainful employment information
- Contact your department representative or request more program information.
- Check out department requirements and resources from your department’s website.
- This certificate is offered on-campus and online at a distance; resources for distance students are available through the CSU Online website.
- When you’re ready to take the leap, start your application.
Coursework, credit requirements, and more information is available in the Colorado State University general catalog. Please contact your department representative with program-related questions.