You may follow the RAM IDP guide and template <insert link when available> for discussions with your mentor, use one of many other IDP templates specific to your discipline, or use a template required by your department.
In addition to the self-assessment quiz provided by the Graduate School <insert link) there are a number of self-assessment tools you may consider .
Some suggested resources are below. Resources will be updated periodically.
- ImaginePHD – https://www.imaginephd.com/about
- American Psychological Association – https://www.apa.org/education/grad/individual-development-plan
- MYIDP – https://myidp.sciencecareers.org/
- Stanford Biosciences – https://biosciences.stanford.edu/current-students/idp/
- ChemIDP – https://chemidp.acs.org/
- The Versatile PhD – https://versatilephd.com/
- UW Madison – https://grad.wisc.edu/professional-development/individual-development-plan/
- Brown – https://www.brown.edu/about/administration/biomed/graduate-postdoctoral-studies/individual-development-plan-idp
- University of Southern California –https://postdocs.usc.edu/scholars/career-development/idp/
- Rutgers University (examples of goals, milestones etc.) – http://rwjms.rutgers.edu/education/gsbs/student_affairs/documents/IDPRutgers.pdf
US Government Office of Personnel Management
CSU Career Center
Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Timely (S.M.A.R.T.) Goals