Colorado State University is consistently ranked as one of the nation’s top universities in a variety of categories and disciplines – from teaching and learning to research and student achievement in studios, laboratories, and classrooms.
- Twenty-two of CSU's graduate programs rank in the top 100 across the country according to 2014 U.S. News and World Report.
- CSU is a Carnegie Research 1 (Research Extensive) university.
- The Princeton Review lists CSU among the best in the nation.
- Fast Company magazine has named Fort Collins as one of the 30 Fastest Cities to Work, Live and Play. Recognized in the research and development category.
- Money magazine recognized Fort Collins on their list of the “Best Places to Live”.
Mandatory Health Insurance
It is the policy of Colorado State University that all full-fee paying resident-instruction graduate students enrolled in 6 credits or more are required to enroll in the CSU student health insurance plan or to receive a waiver by demonstrating comparable health insurance. CSU does not provide insurance coverage to spouses, domestic partners and dependents of graduate students. This policy does not impact the current policy of the University that requires all international students, regardless of enrollment status, to demonstrate comprehensive health insurance coverage through either the University health insurance plan or a comparable plan. For more information, please review the Mandatory Health Insurance page.