GS6 Program of Study Resources
Electronic GS6 Program of Study (eGS6) Instructions & Resources
Instruction for Filling out your GS6 Program of Study
- Each degree-seeking graduate student must prepare a GS6 Program of Study, a document which lists all courses taken in pursuit of the degree as well as the graduate committee. The advisor and committee are heavily involved in the development of the GS6 form. The GS6 form must be filed with the Graduate School before the time of the fourth regular semester registration. Students who fail to meet this requirement may be denied subsequent registration.
- Prior to filling out the electronic GS6 Program of Study form (eGS6), it is highly recommended that the student access the GS6 Program of Study Worksheet and meet with his/her advisor to form a draft of what courses and committee members will be listed on the student’s GS6 form.
- The federal government has student financial aid requirements that may affect current and future financial aid eligibility. Students with financial aid are encouraged to review the satisfactory academic progress requirements prior to completing their GS6 Program of Study.
- The student will access the eGS6 form via his/her RAMweb account under the “Complete My GS6 Program of Study” link and will fill out the following steps:
- Add required courses that the student has completed at CSU prior to admission to Graduate School, if applicable.
- Add required courses that the student has completed at CSU after admission to Graduate School.
- Add required courses that the student will complete at CSU.
- Add transfer credits from other institutions, if applicable.
- Master’s degree information if a previously earned master’s degree will be used as part of a Ph.D. program (if applicable and for Ph.D. students only).
- Specify whether or not the student will be completing a thesis requirement, if applicable.
- Search for and select those persons who will serve on the student’s graduate committee.
- Once the student enters the above information, the student will be able to review his/her course and committee information and submit the form electronically.
- The student’s GS6 form will then be available for printing and a copy will be sent to the student via the e‐mail address that is listed for the student in his/her RAMweb account.
- The student will need to sign his/her GS6 form and obtain the signatures of his/her advisor, co‐advisor (if applicable), and department head and then submit the GS6 form to the Graduate School for final processing. The Graduate School will notify the student, the advisor, and the department via e‐mail once the GS6 form has been approved.
Video Tutorial for Completing the eGS6 Form