- Apply Now
- Our Community
- Student Services
- Request Information
- Give Now
GS25 Application for Graduation Instructions
GS25 Application for Graduation or Reapplication for Graduation Instructions
A student must apply for graduation by the published deadline of the student’s graduating term. Students who applied to graduate in a previous term and would like to update their graduation term must reapply for graduation by the published deadline. A student applying or reapplying to graduate will start the process by clicking on the “Apply or Reapply to Graduate” link in RAMWeb.
GS25 Application for Graduation Instructions
If you have not previously applied to graduate, please log into RAMWeb to start the application process and follow the instructions below. Your GS25 Application for Graduation Form contains four sections. Section one is completed through RAMweb. Sections two through four are completed by the student and the department.
Part One – RAMweb
Section 1 – Diploma Name, Term, Program Information
The information in this section is used for the commencement program and the processing of your diploma. You will enter the term you are graduating and your name exactly as you wish it to appear on your diploma.
- Log into RAMWeb and click on the “Apply or Reapply to Graduate” link under the “Graduate Students” section.
- Your program should be listed, continue by clicking on the “Apply to Graduate” button.
- Review and modify the information as needed. Finish this section by clicking the print button. You will need to complete the additional sections on the form on your computer before printing the form and obtaining signatures from your department. Instructions are included with the form.
Part Two – Completing the Form
Section 2 – Changes to your GS 6 Program of Study
- To complete this section you will need a copy of your transcript and GS 6 Program of Study. You can access your GS 6 Program of Study and transcript from RAMweb.
- Section 2a – Courses or credits added to the GS 6 – List required courses that have been added to your program since your GS 6 Form was submitted.
- Section 2b – Courses or credits dropped to the GS 6 – List required courses that have been dropped from your approved Program of Study. Courses which have been taken and for which a grade has been received (A through F, I, S or U) may not be removed from the Program of Study.
- Indicate if a thesis will be submitted (if applicable).
Section 3 – Departmental Requirements
- Requirements marked in this section will require a clearance from the department head on the GS 25B Departmental Requirements Clearance Form. The GS 25B must be received by the Graduate School no later than the last day of the graduation term.
Section 4 – Signatures
- Student, advisor, co-advisor (if applicable), and department head signatures are required. Signatures on the
GS 25 indicate approval of changes and verification that all requirements will be fulfilled.
Completed and signed forms must be submitted to the Graduate School prior to the deadline date posted for the student’s graduating term. Your application status will be updated by the published deadline date. Please feel free to contact the Graduate School if you have questions.
If you applied to graduate in a previous term and did not complete all of your degree requirements or would like to change your graduation term with the Graduate School, please log into RAMWeb to start the reapplication process and follow the instructions below.
- Log into RAMWeb and click the “Apply or Reapply to Graduate” link under the “Graduate Students” section.
- Your program should be listed, continue by clicking on the “Reapply to Graduate” button.
- Review and modify the information as needed. Finish this section by clicking the print button. A confirmation email will be sent to your email on record.
The online reapplication process must be completed prior to the deadline date posted for the student’s graduating term. Your application status will be updated by the published deadline date. Please feel free to contact the Graduate School if you have questions.
Information for All Graduating Students
Please refer to the Graduation Deadline Dates available above. If graduating in a different department and/or degree program than you were admitted to the GS 7 Request for Change of Department and/or Degree Program must be submitted and processed prior to the date when registration closes in the semester you apply to graduate. Registration dates are available from the Registrar's website.
A graduation clearance will be performed and you will be notified via e-mail to access your graduation status from RAMweb. If there are discrepancies, your advisor will need to send the GS 52 Graduation Clearance Response Form, an e-mail, or memo to certify appropriate changes.
Continuous Registration Policy
All students admitted to a graduate program at Colorado State University are required to be continuously registered in the fall and spring semester throughout their degree programs. This policy applies from the time of first enrollment through the graduation term. Students may fulfill this requirement by registering for any graduate credit-bearing course(regular or non-regular). As an alternative, students may opt for a Continuous Registration (CR) status. Registration for CR status is accomplished in the same way as registration for courses. Section ID numbers appear in the class schedule under the CR prefix. Students registering for CR will be assessed a fee for each semester of CR registration. Students graduating in summer term are required to be registered for at least one credit or CR. See the Graduate Enrollment Requirement.
Graduate Enrollment Requirement
Graduate degree candidates must be either enrolled for at least one credit or must register for CR during the term (fall, spring, or summer) that they will complete their degree requirements. If students opt to register for CR, the fee is $150.