- Apply Now
- Our Community
- Student Services
- Request Information
- Give Now
Western Regional Graduate Program
Qualifying for In-State Tuition
Colorado State University participates in the Western Regional Graduate Program (WRGP). WRGP is administered by the Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education (WICHE). Through the WRGP, CSU offers select graduate programs at the resident tuition rate to qualified non-resident students from other WICHE member states. The program applies only to newly admitted students.
Residents from these member states may apply for the WRGP: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming. Students from the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands and Guam also qualify.
- Animal Reproduction & Biotechnology, MS & PhD (Department of Biomedical Sciences)
- Construction Management, MS (Department of Construction Management)
- Education and Human Resource Studies, Ph.D. / Education, Equity, and Transformation specialization (School of Education)
- Environmental Health with an emphasis in epidemiology, ergonomics, occupational health, and industrial hygiene, MS & PhD (Department of Environmental & Radiological Health Sciences)
- Global Social and Sustainable Enterprise, GSSE MBA (College of Business)
- Greenhouse Gas Management and Accounting, MGMA (Warner College of Natural Resources
- Political Science with an emphasis in Environmental Politics and Policy, PhD (Department of Political Science)
- Public Communication and Technology, MS & PhD (Department of Journalism & Technical Communication)
- Radiological Health Sciences with an emphasis in cancer biology, cellular and molecular radiobiology, radiation oncology, radiation protection, health physics, radio chemistry, radioecology and veterinary radiology, MS & PhD (Department of Environmental & Radiological Health Sciences)
- Social Work, Rural & Changing Communities, MSW and PhD (School of Social Work)
- Toxicology, MS & PhD (Department of Environmental & Radiological Health Sciences)
During the CSU Graduate School online application process, residents of qualifying states applying to an approved WRGP will be presented with a “checklist item” for the Western Regional Graduate Program Application – Tuition Reduction (WICHE). The application for a WRGP may be completed at any time during the application process or after admission. Once you are officially admitted to an approved WRGP, the application will be reviewed by the Office of Financial Aid and you will then be notified of approval or denial.
Only newly admitted students may apply for the WRGP and this must be done at the beginning of the upcoming term.
- A drop in enrollment prevents future participation in the WRGP.
- You may not apply for residency in Colorado while in a WRGP.
- CSU on-line credits must be paid for at the CSU on-line tuition rate. WRGP tuition does not apply to these credits.