Assistantship Health Contribution
A health contribution is available to those graduate assistants in the fall and spring who meet these criteria each semester:
- appointed to a 25% (10 hours per week) or more assistantship (GTA, GRA, GSA) by the end of the regular add/drop period and
- hold CSU health insurance and
- are resident-instruction graduate students enrolled in 5 credits or more
The student does not need to apply for this benefit. A report will identify all qualifying students. A health insurance contribution will be applied to the student's account and taxed through payroll approximately one week after the end of the regular add/drop period.
The health insurance contribution amount to be applied for qualifying students is:
- $689.00 in fall, and again in the spring to qualifying international students
- $1165.00 in fall, and again in the spring to qualifying domestic students
These amounts are based on the differing costs of the two types of health insurance.
For additional information regarding the health insurance policy and the health contribution, please visit the Student Health Insurance page on the CSU Health Network website.
Questions regarding the health insurance policy should be directed to the CSU Health Network at 970-491-5118.
Questions regarding the health insurance contribution should be directed to the Graduate School at 970-491-6817.