- Apply Now
- Our Community
- Student Services
- Request Information
- Give Now
Graduate Center for Diversity and Access (GCDA) Student Programming
Graduate Center for Diversity and Access Student Program
The Graduate School created the Graduate Center for Diversity and Access Student Program in collaboration with the Vice President of Diversity and a student group, the Graduate Students of Color. The content of this program is based on best practice strategies for creating an inclusive environment, the Graduate School’s experience with the AGEP program, and qualitative data collected by a nationally recognized consultant on diversity, Dr. Nadya Fouad.
We aim to implement a comprehensive academic framework providing professional development and additional opportunities for graduate students of color to address systematic issues that may impede their progress in their graduate programs.
- Information on topics related to professional development such as work/life balance and self-care
- Negotiating advisors/faculty relationships
- Opportunities to socialize with peers
- Interaction with diverse faculty
- Meet with CSU leadership team
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the Graduate School