- Apply Now
- Our Community
- Student Services
- Request Information
- Give Now
DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PHD) IN GEOSCIENCES
The Department of Geosciences offers a Masters of Science degree and a Doctor of Philosophy degree. Completion of a graduate degree is excellent preparation for a career in governmental agencies, private industry, teaching, or research. The strong placement record and extensive alumni network attest to the high quality of our graduate program.
Each graduate student follows a custom-tailored program of coursework and research developed with their advisor and graduate committee. Strengths of the department include diverse field-driven scientific specializations; an interdisciplinary approach to addressing earth resource education and professional preparation; global research interests; cutting edge analytical, field, and computational facilities; and close student/faculty working relationships.
Doctor of Philosophy in Geosciences
Areas of Study
- Applied geophysics
- Aqueous geochemistry
- Economic geology
- Environmental geology
- Igneous and metamorphic geochemistry
- Igneous and metamorphic petrology
- Petroleum geology
- Sedimentary petrology & geochemistry
- Sedimentology and stratigraphy
- Structural geology
- Contact your department representative or request more program information.
- Check out department requirements and resources from your department’s website.
- When you’re ready to take the leap, start your application.
Coursework, credit requirements, and more information is available in the Colorado State University general catalog. Please contact your department representative with program-related questions.
Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.
- Financial aid resources available through the Office of Financial Aid website.
- Your department may have financial aid options available and please check our financial resource section for additional opportunities.
Application Deadline Dates
- Fall – first Friday after January 1
- Applications for the fall or spring semesters can be submitted at any time, but please be aware that many of the department’s support resources are allocated on a fall start schedule and are assessed as a group beginning on January 15