- Apply Now
- Our Community
- Student Services
- Request Information
- Give Now
Master of Arts in English – Writing, Rhetoric, and Social Change Specialization
The Department of English is home to poets and linguists, literacy researchers and teacher educators, novelists and literary scholars, composition specialists and writers of creative nonfiction.
The MA in English with a specialization in Writing, Rhetoric, and Social Change allows you to pursue the study of writing and writing instruction, including the theory and practice of writing and writing instruction; the roles writing plays in public and private contexts; the composing processes used by writers in varying contexts and for particular purposes; the social, cultural, and historical forces shaping writing and writing instruction; and the impact of technology on writing and writing instruction.
Master of Arts (MA) in English – Writing, Rhetoric, and Social Change Specialization
Areas of Study
- Writing, Rhetoric, and Social Change
- Contact your department representative or request more program information.
- Check out department requirements and resources from your department’s website.
- When you’re ready to take the leap, start your application.
Coursework, credit requirements, and more information is available in the Colorado State University general catalog. Please contact your department representative with program-related questions.
Graduate students interested in employment positions (GTA, GRA, GSA appointments and hourly positions) should contact their advisor and their departmental graduate coordinator for the process to apply.
- Financial aid resources available through the Office of Financial Aid website.
- Your department may have financial aid options available and please check our financial resource section for additional opportunities.
Application Deadline Dates
- M.A. in Writing, Rhetoric, and Social Change
- Fall – January 15 for assistantship consideration, otherwise February 15
- Spring – students accepted for fall term only